I’ve been bitten by the tiger bug from recently/repeatedly reading Peter Brown’s wonderfully silly book Mr. Tiger Goes Wild. Here’s my process of creating my very own little tiger! 🙂 P.s.- sorry for the poor photos-no photoshop yet, but soon I hope!
1. I started with the basic shape of my little tiger, using acrylic,
2. then added the tufts of hair on the sides of his head with colored pencil, and the ears/snout I used acrylic again.
3. Next I did the stripes, eyes, and mouth with colored pencil, the belly and nose with acrylic,
4. and added a bit of green to simulate nature and what not…with acrylic (the whiskers are colored pencil as well).
5. Last but not least, I added plants using colored pencil, and rocks using acrylic.
I love my little tiger guy! 🙂